Feb 20, 2015

The Bee's Knees: My variation this Friday evening!

Been quiet a drag of a week for me with my little one recuperating form a seriously bad tummy infection. Didn't realize the fatigue it has caused until earlier this evening. In such situations the best I like doing is to chill with a small drink and sit with the family while we cool off watching some movies.

So I walk into the kitchen with a clear mission. Whip up a drink that I haven't had ever! Armed with my iPad I look through my Pinterest Board: Poison. Next I spot 1 sole orange staring into my face. So them I walk to the Bar Unit and discover this old bottle of Bombay Sapphire, a Gin that never leaves the attic! Thanks to my experimental mood I decided to make the impossible happen. I decided to make a drink that we will remember for a while to come.

Voila, it is a zero in on 'The Bee's Knee' with a Mandarin twist!


Read the original recipe by Jennifer Rose Smith. In my case I did a slight bit of improvisation. Here's how!

Ingredients:
2 large yellow lemons
1 ounce honey (given that we are a recuperating household!)
2 ounces Bombay Saphire Gin
1 cup ice
1/2 an orange

Instructions:
First, you’ll create a simple syrup with the honey. Combine equal parts honey and boiling water. Stir well. Jar and refrigerate the syrup. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine one ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice, one ounce of your honey simple syrup, and two ounces of gin, juice of the 1/2 orange squeezed into the shaker. Shake well and strain into a glass of fresh ice. Garnish with one orange wedge (optional).

Signing off the Chinese New Year celebrations with my orange laced Bombay Sapphire cocktail. :)

Happy weekend folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment